Sunday, May 11, 2008

Small talk

Usually people say my first blog is amazing. Well my first blog is just small talk and nothing else. Let us start the journey of thoughts with answering "Is every day special?". This can actually spark off a debate... Any one could have a special day today or just another normal day...

You may ask - Why this thought?
Answer I slept most of the day - Why??? - I have a severe headache. But my day was special.

I went out for lunch... Had food... Thought of going to the book shop to find something to read. On display a book " How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You.". I sat down to take a look of how someone propose to sell something like that? The author Leil Lowndes explains now its scientifically proven why someone falls in love. A complexity of hormones, your current state of mind, the person in front of you, etc. makes you fall in love. I look around the shop there are million of books waiting to be sold.... Buy one get one free. Fiction, Art, Help your self books... People actually write 300 odd pages for us to read. In fact they have to write this standard amount, the book should be thick. A small book may sell less than a thicker book. You may disagree saying there are many small books which are bestsellers. Fact being there are very less small books than the average book size.

Compare it to my day, a small day, very less time I was awake. Small incident of finding a book is remembered and is part of the blog. Small things, small talk are remembered if you have a small conversation with someone, you will remember the moment, the talk, the time, this blog....